What are the advantages of laser rather than optical?

gplpark92

BSOD
What are the advantage or laser input devices and peripherals, as opposed to optical devices, in dealing with personal computers? Is there greater signal in distances? Is there more accuracy within pointing devices, and possibly, keys?

I myself haven't noticed any difference, besides the price tags of certain laser and optical mice. Some optical mice are terrible in terms of consistency, and suffer from major interruptions, whereas other mice I have found to be flawless. So whats the point of laser technology being implemented into input devices?

well for things like photoshop and FPS gaming, you gotta be really precise, so thats where laser comes in.

You will notice a difference when using a laser mouse over an optical one. A laser is much more accurate than an optical mouse is.

whats the difference, or does an optical mouse use a red led, and just direct it with a mirror\lens, and a laser is an actual laser.

2000DPI vs 6-800DPI

unless your doing media editing or alot of gaming then a laser device wont really do much for ya.

Back
Top Bottom