What are 3D options?

foothead

Omnicide now.
I really want to do some real 3D, not anaglyphs. Anyway, I can get some wired shutter glasses from eBay for $15, and use iz3d drivers to enable them, but it will cost $50 for the driver. If I am gonna spend $65 to try to make this work, there are some things I need to know, that I cannot get answers to.

Mainly, I need to know if the iz3D driver will allow me to operate the shutter glasses at 60 Hz. I know this will be flickery, but I just want to know they work before forking out for a 120Hz LCD.

Another thing I am curious about is if someone got geforce 3Dvision working with third party glasses yet. This might be a better trial option for me, because iz3d kills performance, and does not work with crossfirex.

if you are going to fork out the money for a 120hrz monitor id just spend a little more and buy a 240 hrz monitor. why not a better pic to.

why not go with one of the new led tvs?? they can handle some pretty high res. and also do 3d.
my buddy just bought a vizo and it has dvi inputs

They are a total rip as a monitor. I am not able to afford three $1500 TVs. And either way, i could just get som el cheapo 120 hz tv and it would work better than the 3D tv. It needs to be the computer rendering the image in 3D for it to work.

They are a total rip as a monitor. I am not able to afford three $1500 TVs. And either way, i could just get som el cheapo 120 hz tv and it would work better than the 3D tv. It needs to be the computer rendering the image in 3D for it to work.

Yup. All these 3D tv's are is a standard TV with a 3D processor. They are way overpriced in my opinion.

Yup. All these 3D tv's are is a standard TV with a 3D processor. They are way overpriced in my opinion.

exactly. I would not even be able to use the 3D processor since I have to use multiple monitors. I have a good feeling that the processors might either get out of sync, or not work without glasses being detected.

soo... um. im confused?

so, lets say i get a 3d copy of Avatar (if they even make it?) you mean there is a way to watch it in 3d on my regular 1080p Vizio through PC software?

Back
Top Bottom