what the...

This the one you're talking about? http://www.computerforums.org/forums/hardware/new-rig-217451.html

Step one for me in a case like this is check for a BIOS update and reset it to all defaults. Then using your favorite temperature monitor look at the temp of the processor (core temp, realtemp, speedfan all can do this). Also make sure all of your drivers are up to date.

One thing I don't see in the pictures (but it could be the angle) is a power plug into the GPU. Did you install one there?

This the one you're talking about? http://www.computerforums.org/forums/hardware/new-rig-217451.html

Step one for me in a case like this is check for a BIOS update and reset it to all defaults. Then using your favorite temperature monitor look at the temp of the processor (core temp, realtemp, speedfan all can do this). Also make sure all of your drivers are up to date.

One thing I don't see in the pictures (but it could be the angle) is a power plug into the GPU. Did you install one there?

Yeah, that's the one

Just before I went to bed I installed Drivermax and checked over the driver ages, about half of them are indeed OOD so i'll update those when I get home

the GPU has 2x6pin PCI-e connectors going into the back, obscurbed from view by the HDD mount

It's weird that the CPU is scoring so low. If the BIOS is up to date and the all the settings are default, I would try another CPU. I'm thinking that maybe one or more of the cores might be dead. CPUz might tell you this. I've never seen it though but there's a first time for everything.

well, here's where im at so far:

weip.jpg

And this is what CPUZ shows:

scaled.php

So far i've updated all the drivers to the latest versions, spammed Windows update until it cant find anymore and done an optimised default reset in BIOS.

Oh...

Speedfan shows the temperature of all 4 cores as being 83 degrees C...

thats probably why it gets slightly better rating with the side off, now i think about it. looks like im going to buy meself a new cooler this week...

EDIT: reseated the cooler, and this happened:

yesmu.jpg

:D Finally get to use this beast properly.

Last edited:
Awesome! I thought it might be temp related. Thankfully that's all it was :)

Back
Top Bottom