what the...?

Thats very strange, I also have a gigabyte board but i saw nothing about linear, U can change the performance from normal to user defined and that will allow u to change the fsb!!!

Ok...

When you formatted and reinstalled xp did you install the motherboard drivers? Xp is pretty sharp but its library is old and out of date. Get the drivers off the cd that came with the motherboard or dl them from the makers web site.

"U appear to have reset ur cmos or bios to default settings!!! press windows key and pause/break on the ur keyboard whilst at the desktop and see wat ur cpu clock says!! It shud be 2.2ghz or near that!!!!"

Yes it says 2.17ghz but i reformatted many times and never came upon this problem

"When you formatted and reinstalled xp did you install the motherboard drivers?"

Yes I did install my motherboards drivers, I have reformatted my computer many times before and never seen this problem.

Well if its sayin 2.17 ghz ur fine, u have nothin to worry anbout!!!! The cpu is running at the correct speed, just ignore the fsb!!

ya i guess its fine. But how do you check if the system is in dual channel mode??

Back
Top Bottom