Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-28-2004, 05:37 AM   #1
Beta Member

Angry Western Digital B.S.

Hey all you computer guys and gals. I am really angry at this computer I am fixing. I have to reformat the hard drive because the owner of the computer was a retard and deleted system files needed to boot up into windows. By the way I am going to install windows 98se on it. Anyway, this genius computer has a western digital hardrive in it(don't blame me I didn't buy the peice of crap). It is an older hardrive and is only 10 gigs. Well for the past 2 years i have been using max blast plus 1.0 or higher to format hardrives, except for the the max blast 3 because they decided to go exclusive(as if that ever helped anyone). So now my 1.0 disk crapped out on me and i can't format the hardrive because the formatting software that western digital provides is worse than crapping on a cow and won't even work properly. So I am asking all of you computer literate or just angry reformatters if you have a version of max blast that will reformat ANY brand of hardrive or a program which will do the same so I may install windows 98. This simple job turned into a chore and now i am in serious need of help.

Dippydawg70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 06:07 AM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Western Digital B.S.

boot into command promt and type format c: if that doesn't work then the HDD may damaged.

Old 08-01-2005, 04:21 PM   #3
Beta Member

Default Wdc 80 Gb

OK well, this is not killing me completely BUT it is pissing me off.
I recently noticed that my hard drive is hiding the memory available

I only have a Local C: drive and when i go inside it and hi-light everything, right click, properties, it says it is 40 GB
BUT when i right click, properties, on Local Disk C: it says 64 GB used? I have no frikin idea what is going on!!!! i Defragmented it yesterday and its gave me back about 500 mb. I have no clue what to do now. PLZ HELP!
irock12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 04:26 PM   #4
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to zoomtm Send a message via MSN to zoomtm Send a message via Yahoo to zoomtm

irock: you may have some hidden files: goto control panel>folder options>view tab>then select show hidden files.

dippy: use fdisk.exe from a windows 98 boot disk, then restart from the floppy again and put a windows 98 cd in the drive, then type D:\format C: (assuming that the cd drive is D: )
Old 08-01-2005, 05:31 PM   #5
Beta Member

I already have that enabled (see hidden folders) before.
irock12 is offline   Reply With Quote