Well i got the dreaded POWER SAVE MODE and won`t come out

Champ_

Beta member
I did the following. As i did some research and found out these are common problems. I will have to find all the info for my pc. But i just bought it used and.. it worked good for a few months then it finally went into power save mode. And wouldnt come out. And just got the error. I tried switching cords from a known good working computer. Didnt fix anything. Brought a new monitor and it didnt work on my pc. But does on other pc. So i know its something with the tower. I reseated the rams sticks. No aval. Seen a thread to remove the CMOS battery and didnt do a thing. I have a usb mouse and keyboard grabbed a none usb mouse and didnt do a damm thing. So i found a website and pulled the Video Card and the about 5 of the 10 capacitors are cracked and bulging, will this cause the problem i am dealing with? I have a e-geforce 7600 gt video card. Any input would help. Would it be worth my time to get new capacitors or just buy a new video card?

I would say that your video card is toast. I wouldn't worry about buying more capacitors because who knows what else on the card is fried. I would say that you can get a decent video card for pretty cheap these days so just go get another one.

Also just out of curiosity do you have any ideas what may have caused your card to get fried?

I honestly have no idea. I know the basic about computers. But since i had problems i've been looking and learning ALOT. All i play is web based games. That require no downloads. But lately i downloaded a Magic World Online and last night it must of crashed when i left it on all night and then i did all the troubleshooting and found that. So i hope i found my problem. Does overheating cause the capacitors to blow up? I can't see this computer overheating it has 4 or 5 fans i bought it locally and it was a built gaming computer i'm going to call it a midrange gaming computer. But i'm not exactley sure. Hopefully this solves my problems. But while searching i found there is drivers out for all these power save mode problems and i was wondering what ones are good for windows xp? Any help is appreciated. thanks!

I honestly don't know if overheating could cause a capacitor to crack but I would guess that it could. Also the amount of fans in your computer doesn't necessarily mean you has the proper air flow to cool it. If you don't have good air flow then all the hot air gets trapped inside.

My guess would be that you maybe had a power spike, unless you have it plugged into a power surge.

As for the updates make sure you just use the windows updater and install all of the recommended updates and you should be fine. Also make sure you are regularly cleaning the inside of your computer with compressed air to get rid of all the dust build up. If you don't then your fans become useless.

Yes. i think i need to get a surge bar. But its weird. 4 other computers in my house nothing happened to them although one is on a surge bar. But only mine seemed to have the problem. Live and learn i guess

Back
Top Bottom