well this blows

You might want to see whether you converted to NTSC or Pal using winavi, usually the best way to go about this i leave it an auto.

Dev0115 said:
Did you burn it as a data dvd by any chance, because data dvds dont play on most dvd players...

no i didnt burn it as a data DVD, i burned it as a playable DVD on Nero

lhuser said:
In a formal way, you should have a ISO image with AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folder in it. If your PC can read it, maybe the DVD player or PS2 can't read the media because of the disc. It happened.

i opened the folder and i have a AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS but no ISO image.

Dev0115 said:
You did convert it to mpeg correct?

i thought you could of just converted the AVI to a DVD. would a MPEG still work on a DVD disk though?

DackOfDoom said:
Some DVD players do not accept DVD+R or DVD-R. Which one did you do? I know my TV DVD player doesn't play DVD-R... Only +R

Stupid me, I just looked at my DVD player downstairs and forgot how old it is. i only plays compact disks aka CDs :(

matjay said:
You might want to see whether you converted to NTSC or Pal using winavi, usually the best way to go about this i leave it an auto.

i don't have any of those options, i have version 7.5 of WinAVI and i don't know what formats they burn in.

so lets say, i wanted to make my movie play on my DVD player which can only read compact disks. how would i split up a file onto 2 cds for it to work?

nero can burn a VCD. another question. how would i make a .bin/.cue file play on a DVD. i looked all over google and i don't know if i'm looking in the right place.

any help would be great guys, thanks.

To burn to disc using Nero just right click on the cue file which will be the smallest of the 2 then choose Open With and browse to your Nero.exe (possibly just called Nero) file. (Located in Program Files / Ahead / Nero folder) Ensure the *Always use the selected program to open this type of file* box is ticked, this way next time all you have to do is double click the cue file and the burning interface will open, now choose which speed you would like to burn your disc at. It's recommended to burn at no more than 8x, if you burn at a faster speed this may impair the quality and make the video pixelated.

Should work... did for me.

Toby said:
To burn to disc using Nero just right click on the cue file which will be the smallest of the 2 then choose Open With and browse to your Nero.exe (possibly just called Nero) file. (Located in Program Files / Ahead / Nero folder) Ensure the *Always use the selected program to open this type of file* box is ticked, this way next time all you have to do is double click the cue file and the burning interface will open, now choose which speed you would like to burn your disc at. It's recommended to burn at no more than 8x, if you burn at a faster speed this may impair the quality and make the video pixelated.

Should work... did for me.

yeah i know how to burn a disk using nero but i want the .cue/.bin files to play on a DVD i'm wondering if it would or not before i go an waste a DVD.

Back
Top Bottom