Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-04-2009, 09:18 AM   #1
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to FlightSimBoy
Default Weird sound problem.

So a bit ago, my sound completely goes out with a rather loud pop from the speakers (not the speakers blowing up, this seems like a sound the computer was trying to make.)

Now, no sounds in Windows will play and nothing in an internet browser will play. However, everything from a music player (winamp) will play just fine.

This baffles me.. I've tried restarting the computer, but on several occasions during boot, it played that popping sound through the speakers.

Any ideas?

My Computer: eMachines T5226 - Intel Pentium D Dual Core @ 3 GHz - Diamond Viper Radeon HD3870 OC Edition with 1 GB GDDR3 VRAM - 4 GB PQi Turbo DDR2-533 RAM - Corsair 650W PSU with 52A on single rail - TSSTcorp DVD-DL+-RW combo drive - Lite-on 52x CD-RW burner - Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeGamer - Logitech z5300e speakers - WinFast TV Tuner - Vista Ultimate 64-Bit. eBay name: Flightsimboy304
FlightSimBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:38 AM   #2
In Runtime

Send a message via MSN to Delux
Default Re: Weird sound problem.

tried resetting your drivers?

also try a different set of speakers or even headphones, i had a problem like this happen to me a while back, seemed that the speakers were shot

Delux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 11:59 AM   #3
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to FlightSimBoy

You'll never guess what the problem was...

I updated my drivers to see if that would help.. Nothing.. So, right before I was going to reinstall them, I look over and notice that the plug for the L and R speakers is in the line out jack.

Needless to say.. Problem is now fixed... At least I have updated drivers now But I also feel pretty dumb.. Haha.
My Computer: eMachines T5226 - Intel Pentium D Dual Core @ 3 GHz - Diamond Viper Radeon HD3870 OC Edition with 1 GB GDDR3 VRAM - 4 GB PQi Turbo DDR2-533 RAM - Corsair 650W PSU with 52A on single rail - TSSTcorp DVD-DL+-RW combo drive - Lite-on 52x CD-RW burner - Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeGamer - Logitech z5300e speakers - WinFast TV Tuner - Vista Ultimate 64-Bit. eBay name: Flightsimboy304
FlightSimBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:34 PM   #4
In Runtime

Send a message via MSN to Delux

sigh.... were all human LOL!
Delux is offline   Reply With Quote