Weird Question: Creat a dictionary/encyclopedia

dfisch8

Beta member
I need some advice. Is there any time of software out there or any easy way to create your own dictionary or encyclopedia? I have a bumch of terms and they are defined...I would like to be able to make it searchable so the terms can be tracked down in an easy fasion. If you don't know how I can do this, please direct me to some place where I can find out. Thanks for your help.

First thing that popped into my head was some form of Database. MS Access or something. I've only really used it once in school, but I beleive it would work alright for what you'd want...

Hi, Fisch...

Both Word table and Excel can be used to sort what you want...

Just write every main word in an individual column...

You could just use dictionary.com. it wouldn't be your own but it has a dictionary and encyclopedia.

Update...

The thing is, I need it to be my own as it is being used to define products and tech. terms for the industry my company operates in. Excel and Access have crossed my mind...but I am not sure that they are user friendly.

Access is there to create databases, and I've never really used it, but Microsoft programs are built to be user friendly.

Excel would be easier, though wouldn't be able to create a database in the term of things, but more like a list.

Access seems like the program you want

Still in need of help...

I agree that access may be the best; however, it does not come pre-loaded onto our company computers which would make the dictionary useless. Can you think of anything else becuase I am sure that Word and Excel would not work at all. THANKS!

Hmm... I'll try and find a free little program you can load on to the computers if you want. If I find any, i'll give the address here.

Anyone know if OpenOffice contains one like Access?

Back
Top Bottom