weird performance problem while playing

rammiel said:
My computer used to run games pretty well, considering the money I've spent on it. Now, while I play any games, be it battlefield 1942 or counter-strike source, seems it can't stand it anymore. There's actually a delay betweem movements, it stops running for a fraction of a second. I have a dsl connection and my ping is low. I have the same problem with offline games. I scanned with norton, adaware and spybot and defragged the disk (55% of used space). What can cause this ?

My computer is good :

Windows XP
radeon 9800 pro
Asus P4P800 motherboard
Intel 4 CPU 3.20ghz

He did :p. My best guess is bottlenecking of some sort. Is your mobo 4x slot? I ran my radeon 9800 on a 4x and it ran good for a lil then it started getting delay of movements too. This stopped when i switched to an 8x agp slot.

If you have an AGP slot which you do since you have a radeon 9800, its either 4x, 8x, or 4x/8x. What computer do you have? Or what motherboard do you have (this would be more helpfull).

I have 2 chips of kingston 256 MB PC3200 DDR (400 MGhz). Used memory is at about 170 Mo when I close programs to play. I downloaded speedfan. Temp2 indicates 62 degrees with a flame symbol. Didn't install anything before it happened.

asus p4p800 supports 8x agp...

i would say add more rams... 1GB would be the way to go

btw, 62*C is pretty hot.... how many fan do u have in your case?

Back
Top Bottom