Weird Motherboard Problem....please help!!

dhaval_1920

In Runtime
I am having this very weird problem with my pc components. I have a separate physics card dedicated for the physics calculation in the games that support the Physx card by Ageia. The problem is every time I plugin my physx card the HDD stops spinning and my video card stops displaying anything on the monitor not even BIOS and if I dont plugin my physx card everything works fine. Any ideas what might be the problem? :confused:

These are my specs

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6 Motherboard
BFG 7900 GTX OC
BFG 128 MB PhysX Card
4GB DDR2 Memory
Maxtor 80GB HDD
750W PSU.

Any help would be appreciated....:)

Do you have another available slot to plug the Physx card into? If so, try that and see if you have the same issue. If so, then you might have a bad card. I had a brand new stick of memory do the same thing to my system. Turned out that the area of the DIMM with the contacts on it was bent. You might have a similar problem with your Physx card.

Might also be worth checking you've got the latest BIOS and contacting Gigabyte to see if there's any known problems - I had a TV tuner card do a similar thing once - the slot was fine with any other card and the tuner card was fine in any other PC. Sometimes things strangely just don't play ball...

I dont think I have solder splashes or anything. The motherboard is perfectly fine.

I have 3 PCI slots available and I tried all of them with similar result and the contact area on the card as well as the slots seems to be fine.

And if its the card then what does that has to do with HDD not getting any power?

And if its the card then what does that has to do with HDD not getting any power?

It's not necessarily a power issue, if the card is messing the motherboard up somehow that could well cause the hard drive to stop spinning.

Back
Top Bottom