Weird Laptop battery problem

JustOwnin

Solid State Member
I have an hp pavilion zv5000 and every time I boot it with the battery it turns right off. But everytime i boot it with the power cords it turns on. Now here's where the wierdness comes in. If i boot with the power cord and then take it out once winXP has loaded it runs off battery power.

Anybody know how to fix this or can point me in the right direction?

How long will it last on battery? Spinning up your harddrive takes more juice than actually running it. Perhaps a faulty battery?

Ineresting question. When I check the battery status it always says 100. Then I let it stay on buy it self with all the hibernation stuff turned off and it lasts it's regular 6 hours.

Spinning up the harddrive takes more juice than to actually run it. DIdn't know that.

Yep, it is like turning on a light in the house. The electricity has to enter all the circuits and get going, so it takes alot more juice!

Check the settings in the control panel in Either Power Options or System Peformance......

Also go into bios & check the Power Settings

This computer is brand new out the box. I've only had it for a week. This crackhead got a hold to a lot of hp pavilion zv5000 computers and has been sellin' them for 300 a peice so a lot of people in my neighborhood are walking arough with laptop cases.

One night I was up watching naruto and I didn't turn it off but closed the laptop and kept it under my pillow. Could it be possible that the heat from the laptop going messed up battery?

Back
Top Bottom