Weird issue

dmb51599

In Runtime
When I start my CPU up from a safe shut down it will not POST unless I flip the on/off switch into the off position and then back on. Then it will boot. Anyone have any ideas? I am also getting random freezes if that helps. When it freezes a loud buzzing come out of the speakers as well. THANKS!!!

First things first, it's not a CPU, it's a PC ;)

Your saying that your PC won't boot up first time, and you have to try again to make it boot successfully?

Yes. My PC wont start and I either have to unplug the power cord or flip the switch off and then on again to get it to startup

I think I may have something seated wrong. Everytime case gets a bump it locks up. Ill have to check that out too. uRGH!

Most of the time when this error occurs it is your CMOS settings deleating everytime you shut down.
Your CMOS settings is a very small memory in your MOBO that stors your bios setting (Time,Date, Video Settings, est)
When the battery on your motherboard goes dead, these errors occur.
Generally the CMOS Batteries recharge when you start your computer but there are still problems that occur (Happened to me once)

1st- Restart yout computer and enter you BIOS screen.
2nd- Load default settings , save and exit.
3rd- restart your computer and see if these changes corrected the problem.
4th- if problems persist, try buying a CMOS Battery at a local PC Shop
5th- Load battery, load defaults, restart and try again. :cool:

I will give that a try. Its a brand new mobo (3days old) so I dont think its the battery but it wouldnt hurt to reset the bios. THANKS!!!

Probably not the battery if it is brand new but won't hurt to eliminate it as a possibility,
If not the battery, than probably loose connection
Wires (ensure they are placed right on board and securely connected)
PCI Slot cards (Remove and check fitting, replace securely)
Power cords (ensure connected properly, inserted fully into hardware)
Hope you fix the problem :)

Back
Top Bottom