Weird Download problem.

gudehus

Solid State Member
Been having this weird downloading problem.

Im a subscriber to fileplanet so I wanted to download the COH opposing fronts beta wich is 1.49 GB. But everytime I download it via their download manager it gets all the way to 99% and then say "No Mirrors available for this client". So I click retry and it starts downloading again for like 10 sec and then stops again.

Otherfiles that are not so big I can download, just downloaded a file the size of 800mb and had no problem at all.

So I tried to troubleshoot myself. I tried downloading from a different site the client and it stoped at 55% and wouldnt complete the rest. I was not using a download manager of any kind for that file. So I tried using firefox and that didnt help, still got stuck at 53%.

So I tried turning off filesharing, didnt help, tried running the download manager as admin. Firewall and my Pop up blocker are disabled, Anti Virus is off.

Its just weird. I cant seem to download a file that big, I Have 250GB of free hard drive space so its not a space issue. I dont have a router or anything like that so its not a port issue.

Its weird I get to a certain % of the download complete and then it just loses the mirror, No matter what site I download from or what I seem to do.

Im running windows vista home basic.

Due to the fact iv downloaded other files upwards of 800mb through 1gb, it leads me to believe that it might be a vista issue, or maybe a hardrive issue. But im still not sure what that would cause me to lose the mirror at 99%. Even though most of the download went perfectly fine, its that final %'s that start to go down in kb/sec and lose mirrors on this paticular file.

I know it cant be that paticular file because thousands of people have downloaded that exact same file using vista and similar setups as me and have had no issues.

Any suggestions would help.

Not sure, I doubt it though. Considering with this ISP iv downloaded far bigger files, Iv downloaded files up to 6.5 GB before. Never had any problems before.

i really dont know then.
maybe you could try a download manager to get your files, just see if that works

I've now got unlimited downloads from my pc but before I did I could download for example a 4gb file but then for the next few days if i tried to download a smaller file it just wouldn't do it. I would reccomed checking if you have a download limit or not. I have bt and they are terrible and get all sorts of problem with them including a 10kb/second download speed.

i have bt and i dont usually get problems, only if i fcuk something up. i guess its because im on option 3, the unlimited one

Back
Top Bottom