Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-05-2009, 06:48 PM   #1
Daemon Poster

Question Websites won't load fully / at all

This is not a frequent problem; maybe happens once every 30 mins - 1 hour of surfing.

I will enter in a website and it will immediately give me "Page cannot be displayed" as if I had no internet connection at the time. No lag, no load, just an immediate "Page cannot be displayed." This happens a lot, and it isn't website-specific. I can be opening a page on nytimes.com or opening up my email sites.

I sometimes get only PART of a page that loads, and part that doesn't. Example, I've been on eBay all day and this happens a lot with other programs, too. Facebook; pictures won't fully load or I get lots of lag. Yahoo.com, same. eBay.com, toolbars don't fully load.

I'm attaching a picture so you guys see a light example of what I mean.

I thought it might be Firefox, but IE and Chrome do the same thing. Could it be my router? Any ideas?

(See top menu bar on the upper-left... not fully loaded)

Old 06-06-2009, 12:03 AM   #2
Baseband Member

Default Re: Websites won't load fully / at all

Google Chrome is your problem. I have having this issue after getting it and upgrading. It has done this on 64 bit systems. I recommend Firefox because it has been great for me. Google Chrome has been rather underpowered.

SeverusSnape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 12:35 AM   #3
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeverusSnape View Post
Google Chrome is your problem. I have having this issue after getting it and upgrading. It has done this on 64 bit systems. I recommend Firefox because it has been great for me. Google Chrome has been rather underpowered.

Read his post. It's happening on all of his browsers.

Anywho, I have this problem (the partial loading, or loading and looking funny) maybe once every other day or every three days or so and it's usually Facebook, eBay, or another site with "fancy" stuff on it (you know, more than just html...I guess that's vague but that's the only way I can describe). I have no idea what's causing mine, but since it's so infrequent, I don't care. However, I would suggest maybe uninstalling all browsers and reinstalling one at a time (like the one you use the most) and see if that would help. I'm not sure if they could be conflicting with each or anything, but it'd be a good place to start.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:40 AM   #4
Baseband Member

redacted.
SeverusSnape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 01:19 AM   #5
Daemon Poster

Just wanted to bump this thread back again.

The problem has gotten a little less frequent on other sites (haven't noticed it much at all), but not Facebook is a PITA. Literally.

On my main desktop (sig), the website is extremely slow, buggy, won't load all pictures / boxes, etc, chat will be extremely slow, etc.

I know what lag is, and I know how facebook performs. This is not a problem from facebook, but probably from my home network. I say this because I have noticed a similar problem on my laptops that are also connected to the same home network.

I'm just really confused. I honestly avoid facebook now because it's more of an annoyance to check it. (Maybe that's a good thing... )
Old 07-21-2009, 01:23 AM   #6
Omnicide now.

It used to happen to me until I got a new wireless B router.

Yours could be something different. Have you tried plugging it directly into the modem?
foothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 01:25 AM   #7
Guru

I assume you have cleared all Private Data both through software and manually right? I would check internet connection. Do a lot of people who live by you use the same ISP?
JogaBonito1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 01:38 AM   #8
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by foothead View Post
It used to happen to me until I got a new wireless B router.

Yours could be something different. Have you tried plugging it directly into the modem?
Considered it, but haven't tried it yet. I should do this tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JogaBonito1502 View Post
I assume you have cleared all Private Data both through software and manually right? I would check internet connection. Do a lot of people who live by you use the same ISP?
You assumed correctly. I have cleaned up everything.
I'm sure that a good load of people have my ISP, yes.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:39 AM   #9
Omnicide now.

Try directly plugging it in. It will help single out the problem.
foothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:17 AM   #10
Fully Optimized

Bypass the router and let us know the results. If the issue goes away, problem solved. If not, it might be an issue with the ISP or with the modem. However, lets hope not because you're going to have a hard time convincing them of the issue and getting them to do anything about it.

jmacavali is offline   Reply With Quote