website searching/indexing

hartmanja

Beta member
Is there any software out there that you can enter a url, ip adress, ect and get a complete listing of the sites, media, and just files in general? For example, if i had a site at http://www.nothinghere.com/ that had an index page with a few jpgs, i would want a list consisting of index.html, jepeg1.jpg, jepeg2.jpg, ect.

EDIT: I didn't know something was actually at www.nothinghere.com . I was just making up a page, don't click on that link.

I understand where you would be coming from. My problem is that a client of mine owns a website that they want me to redo, but they do not have ready access to it (I don't know why.) I need all of the crap that is stored on it. I suppose this is an impossible task...

if ur gonna be updaing their site ur gonna need acces to the server anyways. Just use an ftp program to go through all the pages, or u could create a php script that lists it for u, but u have to drop it on the site anyway, so its not worht the trouble.

If they don't have control of their own site you should probably turn down the project. Its not worth it. Or put up your price as they may have thought you'd do this very thing for free; sort out their server for them.

Back
Top Bottom