Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-25-2005, 05:01 PM   #1
Beta Member

Default website searching/indexing

Is there any software out there that you can enter a url, ip adress, ect and get a complete listing of the sites, media, and just files in general? For example, if i had a site at http://www.nothinghere.com/ that had an index page with a few jpgs, i would want a list consisting of index.html, jepeg1.jpg, jepeg2.jpg, ect.

EDIT: I didn't know something was actually at www.nothinghere.com . I was just making up a page, don't click on that link.

hartmanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 11:13 AM   #2
Guru

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

That's practically hacking

Old 01-26-2005, 01:38 PM   #3
Beta Member

I understand where you would be coming from. My problem is that a client of mine owns a website that they want me to redo, but they do not have ready access to it (I don't know why.) I need all of the crap that is stored on it. I suppose this is an impossible task...
Old 01-26-2005, 01:46 PM   #4
Daemon Poster

Default Re: website searching/indexing

if ur gonna be updaing their site ur gonna need acces to the server anyways. Just use an ftp program to go through all the pages, or u could create a php script that lists it for u, but u have to drop it on the site anyway, so its not worht the trouble.
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ [939 Socket] W/ ASUS "A8N-SLI Premium" (OC'd @2.4ghz) | 560W Silverstone Spider PSU | Kingston 1024 MB [512MB X2] DDR-400 PC3200 Memory | Dual MSI Nvidia GeForce 6600GT 128MB DDR3 128-bit PCIe @555/1111 in SLI | Samsung 19" LCD 930B (8ms) | Western Digital 200 GB SATA II (x2) | LG Dual Format/Double Layer 16X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive
d_source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 01:57 PM   #5
Guru

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

If they don't have control of their own site you should probably turn down the project. Its not worth it. Or put up your price as they may have thought you'd do this very thing for free; sort out their server for them.
Old 01-26-2005, 02:05 PM   #6
Beta Member

good suggestions, thanks for the help.