Webcam choppy using GMA 4500MHD

thebigdintx

Daemon Poster
anyone with same or similar laptop specs as listed below able to webcam with the video smooth? mine is choppy. audio during webcaming is good. is it because running Vista and only have integrated Intel GMA 4500MHD for graphics? that's what I think may be the problem

no luck...tried that before, and i just tried it again. seems like frame rate is slow,,,can't keep up with me moving my hand around at all...just blurry and lags behind. tried the camera during the camera set up wizard on windows live messenger and it was this way, so it's like this even when not doing a webcam chat so don't think it has anything to do with connection speed. i was just wondering if anyone else with T3200 2 GHz processor, 3GB RAM and this same GMA 4500 MHD graphics was able to get smooth video or if this is just the way it's going to be. don't know if there's a problem, or it this is the way it's supposed to be because of these specs. (this is a new laptop i just got, so don't think there's a problem really, and it's been like this since i got it...has never been smooth video,,just wanted to ask just in case someone with same specs was getting smooth video).

Could well be it's just not a very high quality webcam, most integrated webcams aren't great.

yeah, could be. i have a usb logitech quickcam communicate STX model one that i can try out on this laptop to see if i get any better results with that.

Should the GMA 4500MHD integrated graphics be enough to support smooth webcaming?

I don't think your graphics card should matter when it comes to webcams, I have a little bit of a worse laptop than yours, and it ran my webcam fine on it.

Lenovo IdeaPad Y530 - Review
The integrated 1.3-megapixel webcam delivered mediocre video. Using Lenovo's EasyCapture software, video was generally washed out—even after reducing the brightness and boosting saturation—and motion was blurry. Because of the reflective screen we found the webcam generally better in low light than in natural light. It worked decently in a video call over Skype, although our caller mentioned that we looked a bit washed out.

Lenovo IdeaPad Y530 Review
The IdeaPad also comes with Lenovo's Easy Capture software which is essentially the PC version of iPhoto and with only the 1.3 M pixel camera is ok at best. ‘Still' photos look decent but videos and motion is choppy and blurry.

Looks like your webcam is living up to the reviews.

I don't think your graphics card should matter when it comes to webcams, I have a little bit of a worse laptop than yours, and it ran my webcam fine on it.

wow..i wonder what the issue could be then...any other ideas?

Back
Top Bottom