WD Raptor displays as a "Removable Device"

Zaki

Daemon Poster
Well, i've had a wd raptor 74 gb hd in my computer for about 6 months now, and windows shows the "safely remove hardware" icon constantly at the bottom of the page, when i click on the icon it shows my one and only hard drive?????
is there something that needs to be fixed, or is this just how windows reads sata drives.

also in my bios i cant change the drive from being third ide master to first ide master no matter what i try???

advice...suggestions...

SATA, those type of drivers are removable. Dont remove it, becuase it would just freeez your system or restart it.

That's normal. I just set that icon to always hide so I don't accidentally click it or something.

Jamxx said:
That's normal. I just set that icon to always hide so I don't accidentally click it or something.

how did you change the setting?

joxley1990: yeah its in the SATA 0 port.

Right-click the Taskbar, select Properties, click the button that says "Customize" next to "Hide Inactive Icons", and find Safely Remove Hardware and select "Always Hide" from the menu next to it. Keep in mind if you plug in a FlashDrive, iPod, Digicam, etc., it will hide that as well. However, to view it, simply click the expand arrow and it should show up.

Jamxx said:
Right-click the Taskbar, select Properties, click the button that says "Customize" next to "Hide Inactive Icons", and find Safely Remove Hardware and select "Always Hide" from the menu next to it. Keep in mind if you plug in a FlashDrive, iPod, Digicam, etc., it will hide that as well. However, to view it, simply click the expand arrow and it should show up.

thanks

Back
Top Bottom