WD My Book Question

tj107us

Baseband Member
Hey there guys I have one of the older WD My Book external hard drives, and i'd like to make it password protective like my new Passport hard drive. Ive talked to a guy yall probably know (mike meyers) and he suggested truescript but i tried that program but cant get it to work so i email him back and told him i couldnt get it to work so he told me he couldnt help me. So here im going to try and see if you guys can help me! My only way to get it password protective was to make a volume the size of the drive and then mount it but to have to mount it every time is a bunch of BS. I first tried the non-bootable option but it made the drive hidden to the OS, but showed up in disk management.

thanks for any help!!!
TJ

If you have a PC running Windows 7 Ultimate or Enterprise you can set up your external drive to use Bit Locker encryption which has a password feature. Once you set it up, you will be able to access your drive on other PCs by entering the password (a pop up box will appear when you plug the drive in allowing you to enter a password).

nope im using windows 7 home edition. I found the safe house software that work fairly decent, if you know any better software let me know.

Back
Top Bottom