Way to Install the vista ISO w/o DVD?

clandestinex337

In Runtime
So i dont have a DVD drive, so i was woundering if i can use dameon tools to install it. Or will i be forced to buy a dvd drive and do it that way?

Thanks

I wouldnt bother its just a beta and i didnt think it was owt special lol

You're going need a DVD burner. Because with Deamon tools you have to have a OS to install that on,a dn when upgrading to vista you must do a clean install with the BETA so no way you can install it without a DVD drive.

IN all honsety DVD drivers are so cheap, I even put DVD burners on the cheapest of my buidls

clandestinex337 said:
So i dont have a DVD drive, so i was woundering if i can use dameon tools to install it. Or will i be forced to buy a dvd drive and do it that way?

Thanks
Yes, you can install Vista from a virtual drive. I've not tried it with Daemon Tools myself so you will have use the "try it and see" method.

Nik00117 said:
You're going need a DVD burner. Because with Deamon tools you have to have a OS to install that on,a dn when upgrading to vista you must do a clean install with the BETA so no way you can install it without a DVD drive.....
That is just sooo wrong, if he has XP installed with Daemon Tools and is going to install Vista on a seperate partition (or hard drive, which is recommended by the way) and dual boot then there is nothing stopping him doing it.

Do you have to install it from boot? You can't boot with daemon tools, can you? I have the same problem now but can't do anything about it at the moment, if my heatsink was still attached to the CPU I would go try it on that PC now... :rolleyes: But yeah, I just spent a bunch of money on repairs and I don't necessarily want to order a dvd burner now.

Back
Top Bottom