06-15-2005, 01:35 PM
Join Date: May 2005
WavePad Sound Editing Software
To all those that have been asking about sound editing programs.
I was told of this program a few weeks back and gave it a try. Simple to use and really works great.
There is a limited free download version that actually has a lot of of features and then there is the more advanced for commercial aplications.
Features Powerful sound editing features
- Supports a number of file formats including wav (multiple codecs), mp3, vox, gsm, real audio, au, aif, flac, ogg and more.
- Edit functions include Cut, Copy, Paste, Delete, Insert, Silence, AutoTrim and others.
- Effects include, Amplify, Normalize, Equaliser, Envelope, Reverb, Echo, Reverse, Noise Reduction, Sample Rate Conversion and more.
- Supports sample rates from 6000 to 96000Hz, stereo or mono, 8, 16 or 32 bits.
- Ability to work with multiple files at the same time in seperate screens.
- Includes a CD ripper to load audio directly and quickly from CD.
- CD burner function allows you to burn your sound files to CD.
- Player includes Scrub/Cue control for precise editing.
- Recorder supports autotrim and voice activated recording.
- Tools include spectral analysis (FFT), tone generation and speech synthesis.
- Easy to use interface will get you started running.
There is a mnaual that auto downloads with the file and is easy to understand and use.