Originally Posted by Cabbs
Isn't S/PDIF what you have?
Well it seems like you're left with two options: Finish building this old rig or start a new one with an aftermarket sound card.
I will compromise then and do both.
Looking around, a possible new build next year could be a:
- An AMD Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition Processor ~£150
- ASUS M3A78-T AM2+ motherboard ~ £120
- Gainward GTX275 Graphics Card ~£200
- 3gb Crucial DDR2 ~£40
- A suitable soundcard with DD live encoding ~£50
- The watercooling system I said about above~£150
- Antec Solo Case~£90
So at this years prices thats about £650, but as that stuff will get older in a year, it will proberly drop IMO to about £450.
What do you think of that build? Anything I could improve?
Watercooling may not be the best option though, a good air cooler only costs £50 or so so that would reduce it quite a bit.