water cooling - is it worth it?

Techy Geek

Daemon Poster
I'm building a new computer and I want to know whether its worth getting water cooling.
Its quite expensive - con - I'm already nearing the budget
I dont want to overclock
I am going to get some parts that will get pretty darn hot
its quite expensive (yes, I know I've repeated that, its important)

Is it really worth it, I know they're meant to be more efficient and better, but I cant see any special reason to have it. As far as I'm concerned, fans should be fine.

I wouldn't get it if you aren't planning on overclocking, it's just too expensive for regular use. plain old air cooling will do just fine for you. Water cooling is for hardcore gamers that overclock a LOT.

I have 4 case fans, mobo fan, gpu fan, and cpu fan. 7 Total, and nothing gets over 100 degrees fahrenheit. I guess it runs cold in the computer world, so i'll bet I could overclock pretty damn well without overheating.

i wouldnt really know. but i think water cooling is kinda worth it if u have the cash because it will help ur parts life. i mean i have water cooling and i overclocked my 4800 and my fx57 to about 3.4 and 3.6 and it stays normal temps. a little high sometimes but it runs great. and not to go of topic just need one answer is it ok if i put ice cubes in the water reservar when gaming just to keep it cooL? i mean like is it ok? because i was thinking about doing it to keep my temps down.

Feircepc said:
and not to go of topic just need one answer is it ok if i put ice cubes in the water reservar when gaming just to keep it cooL? i mean like is it ok? because i was thinking about doing it to keep my temps down.
I would think so, all your doing is making the water colder.

Back
Top Bottom