Water Cooling System For Obsidian Corsair Case

Ddestruction

Baseband Member
I know nothing about water cooling except for the fact that people say the water cooling systems on newegg are crap. Can anyone suggest water cooling system parts for me that's worth it.

Notes
- Getting an i7 920 with ASUS P6X58D Premium motherboard
- Would like to water cool the CPU and maybe graphics card (don't know if I can water cool anything else or if its possible) (is it?)
- Graphics card is a 5970
- I'm building without a budget, but I don't like wasting money
- Want to water cool because of looks and possible lack of airflow where the case will be stored
- Is a 750W PSU enough to run this build along with 2 SSD'S?

do you overclock?

It isn't worth it unless you want to overclock extremely heavily or have a silent pc.

LOL 5970.... what games do you play/what resolution? It probably isn't worth it.

EDIT what model PSU? 750w is pushing it. I'd get 850 minimum.

do you overclock?

It isn't worth it unless you want to overclock extremely heavily or have a silent pc.

LOL 5970.... what games do you play/what resolution? It probably isn't worth it.

EDIT what model PSU? 750w is pushing it. I'd get 850 minimum.

PSU:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139010

This is my first build. Ill be completely new to gaming on a computer. Ima need to get a monitor as well, I was thinking 1920x1200 resolution. As far as overclocking I'm just gonna overclock the i7.

Umm if you want a reason for the 5970 I cant give you one. The idea of a card that swallows everything I chuck at it and continue to do it for a while is the only reason. Whats your reason?

My resolution is 5760x1200. If it wasn't for that I'd be getting a 5870 or 5850.

Don't buy the card for bragging rights. Nvidia is about to release a card that will almost definitely beat it anyway, then ATI will make a better card... and so on....

I'd say a 5850 would be much better for you. It will blow any consoles away for quite a long time....

Anyway... about the PSU, I'd get more wattage for a 5970. For a 58xx, it would be fine.

Mind if I talk preference with you foothead?

What do you use that resolution for? games? work? movies?

i7 vs Phenom II vs i5? I just don't want my CPU to be the first thing I have to upgrade later on in this gaming rig.

Whats your take on Tn vs ISP moitors for games/movies?

I have a Phenom II and love it... For games it beats a 920 (or so i hear) but 920 destroys it in number-crunching.

I have triple 28 inch monitors which i plan to do eyefinity on (for gaming) when I get my new card... softTH is a huge pain.

TN monitors are fine for gaming, just not pro photo/video editing.
And don't get an i5... just don't...

I have a Phenom II and love it... For games it beats a 920 (or so i hear) but 920 destroys it in number-crunching.

I have triple 28 inch monitors which i plan to do eyefinity on (for gaming) when I get my new card... softTH is a huge pain.

TN monitors are fine for gaming, just not pro photo/video editing.
And don't get an i5... just don't...

lol so what do you know about an i5 that I don't

Ok so now I need suggestions for an AMD board since I know squat. Plus a heatsink.
Whats the word on SSD's for games/OS? Worth it?
TN also good for Blue Ray movies?

TN is awesome for blu-ray. You can get the colors almost perfect if you know how... Its that almost that makes pros not want them.

As far as a mobo, M4A79T deluxe by ASUS. Its awesome. That or a crosshair III formula.

i5's dont perform as well as an i7 or a phenom II in gaming. It would work, but phenom II is a much better alternative.

Don't go SSD. Not yet. You could RAID0 or RAID10 some 7200.11s and get good results but with much better storage capability.

Do you plan to OC?

Back
Top Bottom