Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-04-2009, 10:44 PM   #1
Daemon Poster
Default Water Cooling?

would all of these parts work together and is that all that i need for just a CPU set up?
CPU waterblock:
Hose Clamps:

do i only need 1 of each of those? would i need to do any modding to my antec 1200 to get it all to fit inside?

My Desktop: Intel Core i7-970@4.5GHz 1.39V Stable--ASUS P6X58D-E--6GB Supertalent Chrome (Elpida Hyper) 1800MHz 6-6-6-24--eVGA GTX 580--Intel 510 120GB--WD 2TB Caviar Black--Silverstone RV03-EK Supreme HF w/ Black Ice GTX 480--Koolance VID-NX580

My Laptop: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4GHz--4GB DDR2 800MHz RAM--NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT-320GB hard drive
shozzking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 01:18 AM   #2
Daemon Poster
Default Re: Water Cooling?

You shouldn't need to make any case modifacations.

You shoul only need 1 of the reservoir, radiator, cpu waterblock and the pump but the lines and clamps i'm not sure on

AMD 64 x2 5600+|Asus m3a|4GB RAM|Nvidia Geforce 9500 gt|320 GB Seagate Hard Drive
ringtemek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 02:24 AM   #3
Default Re: Water Cooling?

all of that will work, but it all seems extremely overpriced.

Also, the waterfall res. is useless, it gives you no actual benefit. get an xspc passive res. and your waterblock is not the best... get a danger den mc-tdx. its only a few dollars more, and it looks a lot cooler. umm as far as hose clamps...thats a massive ripoff. just go to a hardware store and buy some, they're about $.75 each. 10 feet of tubing is plenty lol. also, you will have to buy 3/8" barbs for all of those. get compression fittings. they're a lot easier to use, they hold better, and they look way cleaner. IMO XSPC makes the best radiators, so you might want to look into them also.

you should be able to mount the radiator in the front of the case no problem, but external mounting is typically cooler. Don't waste your money on a 'radbox' all you have to do is screw the fan into the back of the case, and screw the radiator onto the other side of the fan.
Account no longer active. Contact info available in profile, if anyone cares to reach me.
foothead is offline   Reply With Quote