Water cooled RAM!!!!

You need a good system. My brother used to have a G-cooler system and although it did have a 92mm fan it was loud as a beast. When he got the arctic cooling Freezer 64 pro it actually dropped his temps like 1 degree C and was quieter most of the time.

Do you guys know how it works? It's pretty simple, and water never actually touches the processor just in case you didn't know that. The water goes through a copper water block that attaches to the CPU usually like the plain old HSF's. If you set it up right there's a slim chance it will mess anything up, the only chance is if the pipes break or aren't tightened down enough. The ones to get are the ones with like 3 120mm fans and big radiators, those will work and do so pretty quietly.

Yes i know how they work

I also have seen some Kits that are Fanless and use a radiator.

Cool about the RAM. I would buy a keyboard and mouse that could have the temperatures set. Nice and cool in summer, warm in winter... :)

I had a Thermaltake Bigwater SE. My advice: Don't go with Thermaltake liquid cooling kits. It didn't perform that well, and I think the inside of the water block started to corrode or something. I'm not really afraid to go water cooling again, It's just expensive, and more work, when there are some really nice air coolers out there, like the Thermalright Ultra 120 and others.

I'm afraid you've been scarred by the crappy ThermalTake liquid cooling kit syndrome. It's not bad if you have the right kit or if you do custom. ThermalTake kits are just crap. The pumps they use are weak as hell, they use cheap and tiny 3/8" tubing and the overall quality of the blocks is just crap. If you find the right kit or find the right parts for a custom kit, you can actually cool your computer really well.

i want a water cooled system, but top notch hard ware comes before a water cooling system. i've never tried overclocking before either, so i'll have to work my way to doing that first.

I dont like the idea of water in my case... even though they make non conductive liquid for cooling i just dont think i could trust it that much, plus i get great teps on air CPU idles at 23*C... You cant get much better than that

Here's the problem that I see. I have 2 sticks of RAM with a heatspreader on there side by side (for dual channel purposes only). They are so close together, that the aluminum heatspreaders are like toughing each other!!!! If you were to have these water cooling gizmos on the memory stick itself and put them side by side with another stick, I don't think it's going to fit unless you install them every other slot. From the side view, it looks pretty thick.

TRDCorolla said:
Here's the problem that I see. I have 2 sticks of RAM with a heatspreader on there side by side (for dual channel purposes only). They are so close together, that the aluminum heatspreaders are like toughing each other!!!! If you were to have these water cooling gizmos on the memory stick itself and put them side by side with another stick, I don't think it's going to fit unless you install them every other slot. From the side view, it looks pretty thick.
yeah, that's a good point. those heat spreaders are enormous, cool, but enormous none the less.

alvino said:
I'm afraid you've been scarred by the crappy ThermalTake liquid cooling kit syndrome. It's not bad if you have the right kit or if you do custom. ThermalTake kits are just crap. The pumps they use are weak as hell, they use cheap and tiny 3/8" tubing and the overall quality of the blocks is just crap. If you find the right kit or find the right parts for a custom kit, you can actually cool your computer really well.

What's even worse is that mine had 1/4" tubing.

Back
Top Bottom