Water Cooled Or Air Cooled

kirkman

Baseband Member
Hello, i have a question. I am building a computer for gaming like counterstrike garrys mod, and pretty much all of the new games out there right now. Im either using a amd 64x2 6000 dual core proccesor. Im putting it all in an antec 900, and i really want to use liquid cooling cause it looks sweet and i can get it really cheap. I dont know if i will come across leaks or anything with a cracked block for some reason. I really want to use water cooling but i could save money and go a safer way of air cooling but then i dont get the thril of having cool tubes of green liquid going threw my pc. What should i choose??

thanks kirk

Well liquid cooling looks cool, cools the components better and has less noise.

Air cooling is safer and cheaper, but it adds noise to your pc and can draw in lots of dust depending on the environment.

It's really up to you. I've always used air cooling myself.

if you do go with a water cooled system, make sure that you build it yourself instead of buying a kit. kits dont give you as much bang for your buck and most of them are poorly put togetther

It can be dangerous if you don't have a lot of experience. I don't believe water should be anywhere close to computers. I think it's pretty risk if you get ever a crack or a loose connection. Plus, it can be a bit troublesome if you upgrade your computer a lot. It costs way more than air cooling. It requires standard maintenance as well.

Back
Top Bottom