Water or Air

Reality Check (LOL). 20ft fan? If you can show me where to get one, I'll belive you. And at 20,000 RPM, the fans weight at the tips will be so great that they will just snap off. Also, for 100 you WILL get a nice Pump + tubing. Also, there is NO WAY that a fan or fans that can fit inside you computer will be able to keep up with WC.

Dose anyone know about nitrogen? What's the point?

so your telling me if i put a wc system in the middle of the desert with a power generator for power and tehn i stuck a fan system in the artic blowing cold compressed air at -190 (cooled in the coldest area ever, unknown to mankind as of right now) that the wc would win...i think i win now

Nope you're still loosing. First, Put a fan in the desert, and a Water coolent in the desert, What will be cooler? Also, a fan wouldnt run in -190, nor' would your GPU, CPU, or any other componant. The plastic on the fan would freeze and shatter. Water cooling however, has a temperature control and can warm your PC in those conditions. I win.

no your wrong the GPU/CPU and every other component would run in that type of temperture, tomshardware did a test with liquid nitrogen on a INTEL P4 and got it up to 5ghz. it still worked, so im winning. and if the fan stopped working oh well the temperature is still too low for the cpu/mobo/gpu or anything else to get above -100 degrees

im winning

To be honest, I didn't think there could be an argument on which was better... It's pretty obvious water cooling will cool a system better than any air-based system (For those of you who slept through science, it's because water has a uniquely high temperature tolerance). But the point is, air is lower maintenance, costs less, and can keep a system stable. Unless overclocking is the central focus, than water cooling is useless to the average user.

That said, water cooling is excellent and will keep the system temperatures a lot cooler than any air solution. But it's harder to set up, and more work for those who don't know how to keep the system up properly. You also want to be careful with it.

hehe wow...u two...

I don't know whos side to go on...

To tell the truth money_man though, i don't think Toms Hardwares video used a fan did it? Because it used liquid nitrogen to cool it and so was prob some sort of water cooling system...

Though I don't want to fight between th two of you... hehe... I'm not gonna side with any of you... so... i'll stop talking now...

Back
Top Bottom