Warning! CPU Fan Fail.

DUDE MAN

In Runtime
Can someone explain to me why sometimes when I start up my computer it has a warning saying that my cpu fan fail? Why is this? How can I fix it so that it won't happen again? Thanks.:)

What heatsink/fan do you have?

Many times the fan runs slowly at boot-up and causes that error. You could enter the BIOS and disable the warning, or set the RPM threshold lower so as to not set it off at boot.

If you have an ASUS mother board and you have 'Q-Fan' running then you will get this message. Especially if it's cold. And because it's cold the CPU fan just isn't needed when the computer starts up.

What heatsink/fan do you have?

Many times the fan runs slowly at boot-up and causes that error. You could enter the BIOS and disable the warning, or set the RPM threshold lower so as to not set it off at boot.

Thanks for the reply. I have the Zalman Heatsink.

Is the warning a bad thing?:)

It can be if the fan has failed. You could also disable the fan warning, and make sure the temperature warning is enabled. That way if the fan does fail, at least the system will shut down before the CPU gets too hot.

Get into your BIOS

temp shut down is in there im not too shure on the fan notification but probaly in there too :)

Back
Top Bottom