Want to use my Projection TV as my monitor

xtrabigc

Beta member
I have a SONY SXRD Projection TV that I would like to use as my monitor for my DELL DHM Desktop. Is this possible? If so what do I need?

Thank you for your help.

what does your projector have you video inputs. DVI,VGA,RCA,svideo, any 4 of thoses and your good as long as you computer has the same. most computer will have a dvi and vga on the onboard video card and most off board video cards have s video and 2 dvi and a dvi to vga adaptor.

i hope to set my room like this in the future for gaming. alot cheaper then a big 62 inch.

I have a SONY SXRD Projection TV that I would like to use as my monitor for my DELL DHM Desktop. Is this possible? If so what do I need?

Thank you for your help.
You can use it with any of the connections listed above as long as your pc has them, but with using a tv as a monitor, you will have a problem reading text.

Tommy Boy (Great first name btw) makes a good point; text will get tougher to read and fine details more difficult to fully appreciate. Microsoft's ClearType technologies and a resolution tune are absolutely essential. But don't think that even then your clear, you'll still find it tricky doing intricate graphic work, and you'll still be more susceptible to eye strain from long periods of typing.

It always depends on the connection. If your television is capable of displaying high definition, you should be fine.

That's as long as your graphic card is strong enough to display to a big HD television at a workable FPS.

no no just for a ps3 and computer, my school has that one and the teachers hook it up to their computers. no cable TV

Back
Top Bottom