Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 11-28-2005, 03:32 PM   #11
Daemon Poster
Send a message via MSN to acphenom Send a message via Yahoo to acphenom
Default Re: Want to see what Socket M2 looks like?

Not really, cause they have a Sempron line.

Windows XP Pro 17" LCD Monitor (1280 x 1024)
nForce3 250 Chipset Athlon 64 2800+ w/ C'n'Q
1 x 512MB DDR400 CL3 SDRAM 40GB IDE 7,200rpm HDD (8MB Cache)
nVidia GeForce MX420 64MB PCI On-Board Audio
acphenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 09:33 PM   #12
Golden Master

Originally Posted by EricM
Wow sick stuff... but M2 is probably going to be soo expensive when it comes out and hence waiting a bit more for prices to drop so I agree with you TRDCorolla with building early next year. Prices on the dual cores and the 7800gtx are starting to drop and you can build yourself one sick system. The X2 4400 I want has already dropped over a hundred dollars in the last few months. But M2 looks sick.. and so does that X2 5000
Yup and guess what? I got someone who wants to buy my system already!!!!! Can you believe that? It's a guy that I work with and he needs a good system. The specs I have now, he can't get from stores without paying an arm and a leg. He was joking and telling me how he would like to have my system. I raised an eyebrow and the rest is history. The transaction won't take place until after January of next year because that's when we get our tax returns. I'll have to see if he's serious in the deal or not. In the meantime, the same guy will buy my current LCD monitor now (also throwing in a couple of games).

Things are rolling. Right now, I'm drooling at the 4400+ Toledo X2. I've got it on my wish list. As far as the video card's go, I'm keeping the 7800GT and dumping the 6600GT back in there. I'll probably get dual 7800GT's which is weird because I've been wanting to do it with a GTX card, not GT's.

*Fact: Microsoft Window's Blue Screen of Death vs Computerforums.org's White Screen of Death. Which is worse?
ISOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 03:07 PM   #13
Daemon Poster

Thats the problem with technology in general.. it progresses soo fast especially CPU technology which is a good thing though! The 4400 X2 is the cpu I am going to get for my build. I would get a FX-55 but WAY TO EXPENSIVE... and its always good to set computer up for the future..

EricM is offline   Reply With Quote