Want new RAM.

X-treme 3D

Baseband Member
Hello All,
I am going to be upgrading to 4 Gbs of RAM and I need some opinions. I have 2 x 512Mb Corsair XMS PC3200C2Pro as of right now. I have my X2 4800+ overcklocked with the FSB set to 220. So my RAM is running at DDR440 and has 2.5-3-3-7 timings. What memory should I use to OC higher on my cpu? I like the corsair xms pro, but I would like to know if I should go with pc3500 or 3700? What do you think, and I open to any suggestions. See my sig for specs on rig. Thanks for your help with this.

You wont need 4GB mate, you may as well save your money. I know you have a nice computer, but you may as well just get 2GB. You aint going to notice much of a difference between 2GB and 4GB, I know it sound crazy, but you really wont.

If I had the money I would get 4gbs of ram!
Any more over clocking of youre computer and its going to blow up

joxley1990 said:
You wont need 4GB mate, you may as well save your money. I know you have a nice computer, but you may as well just get 2GB. You aint going to notice much of a difference between 2GB and 4GB, I know it sound crazy, but you really wont.

I use my rig for animation, graphic design, and game design. I don't just use it to run games and general apps like most people (who won't use even a full 2 gigs). When you are heavy into multi-media creation, 4 gigs comes in very handy.

Now... back to my topic. Is corsair not as good as OCZ? I've never used their RAM before, but I have heard of them alot. If I was to stay with the Corsair XMS Pro, but went with a higher mhz. What would be the cons compared to the OCZ?

If I went with Corsair, would it not OC as good as OCZ? Is OCZ general performance better than Corsair?

No Corsair is pretty good, they just dont have many 2gb kits that are very good at overclocking. The CorsairPro PC3500 would do good too though. That memory wouldn't reach as high of speeds as the OCZ I mentioned though.

Buy Redlines off Mushking directly. Thats the only place that ive been able to find them. They are very very nice. Better than all the OCZ RAM recommended here because the use of difference ICs. CE-5 instead of UCCC :)

Back
Top Bottom