Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-07-2005, 10:21 AM   #31
In Runtime

Default Re: voltage mod

is increase the gpu really gonna give me that more fps or do people do it just to say that they can do it? I've read some reviews that people only say 2-3 fps avg. when the oc'ed their cards.

1gb geil ram, Nvidia 6600GT AGP 8x, AMD Athlon xp-mobile 2400+, ASUS A7N8X-X, seagate 80gb 7200rpm HDD, Toshiba DVD/CD ROM/Burner, Liteon DVD-ROMl, Volcano12 cooling fan, Logitech X-530 speakers, sound blaster live 5.1 , ViewSonic 17" 8ms LCD monitor, Logitech Keyboard/Mouse, zalman VF-700Cu VGA fan.
towly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 02:40 PM   #32
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mammikoura

Quote:
Originally Posted by towly
is increase the gpu really gonna give me that more fps or do people do it just to say that they can do it? I've read some reviews that people only say 2-3 fps avg. when the oc'ed their cards.
U still talking about increasing the voltage?
Increasing the voltage ain't going to directly have a big boost to ur FPS, but it will enable u to oc ur card more -> more FPS.

mammikoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 07:23 PM   #33
In Runtime

I didnt type that out right. Is increasing the clock speeds really gonna give me a huge boost in fps (like >10). From reviews I've read, people that oc'ed their 6600gt only got like a 4 fps increase in doom 3, and a 4 fps increase in far cry.
1gb geil ram, Nvidia 6600GT AGP 8x, AMD Athlon xp-mobile 2400+, ASUS A7N8X-X, seagate 80gb 7200rpm HDD, Toshiba DVD/CD ROM/Burner, Liteon DVD-ROMl, Volcano12 cooling fan, Logitech X-530 speakers, sound blaster live 5.1 , ViewSonic 17" 8ms LCD monitor, Logitech Keyboard/Mouse, zalman VF-700Cu VGA fan.
Old 10-08-2005, 03:13 AM   #34
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by towly
I didnt type that out right. Is increasing the clock speeds really gonna give me a huge boost in fps (like >10). From reviews I've read, people that oc'ed their 6600gt only got like a 4 fps increase in doom 3, and a 4 fps increase in far cry.
Increasing the clock speed will improve performance. It should increase the fps more than 4, depends on how much u oc. I can't oc much, my gpu doesn't want to oc, so I'll be trying to change the voltage soon.

But u can try and see for yourself.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:52 PM   #35
In Runtime

well I just want to do one last bump to get last minute info b/f I try it this weekend, hopefully everything works out. So if you have some new info to introduce please do so.

edit:

I tried using nibitor and I used different bios and the maximum voltage that it would let me go to is 1.4v. So I guess the only way to bump the voltage is to hard mod it, right?
Old 10-13-2005, 07:45 AM   #36
Golden Master

no. It lets u go to 1.4 only coz u have set it so. Go to tools -> voltage table editor and then mess around in there. It's very easy.

I still haven't been able to do this, the flash program didn't want to work.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:09 PM   #37
In Runtime

what flash program are you using? Is it also nibitor or is it another program you have to use?
Old 10-13-2005, 12:50 PM   #38
Golden Master

well I tried using nvFlash, like 3 different versions of it, but none worked. :S
So I'll try to find a program that I can get working.

And if someone has done this with nvFlash or some other program then post here or pm me, I want to get this working.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:37 PM   #39
In Runtime

I tried to do the volt thing with nibitor but I cant find where you are talking about. I looked in the tools and all I saw was something with hexidecimal and something for table preference.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:20 PM   #40
Golden Master

what version of nibitor are u using. I use 2.5 and the voltage table thingy works fine. I have even made a "test bios" which I really didn't change the values alot, I just wanted to see how all of the stuff works and if it gives me any kind of improvement.

But nvFlash seems like a crappy program. I thought about getting something else since it had quite bad rating.. now I know why. Or then I'm just too stupid to use it.