VM Question

drumthrasher

Fully Optimized
Is there any virtual machine app out there that can boot an actuall hard drive on your computer? Lets say I have XP on another partition, could I actually boot from it?

yes thier is

cant remember what its called but a friend had it on and he was trying to figure how to use it.

Do you mean get on your pc power it up and then when on desktop have that virtual program and change windows?

Is there any virtual machine app out there that can boot an actuall hard drive on your computer? Lets say I have XP on another partition, could I actually boot from it?

Some versions of vmware did (vmware fusion), with some tweaking it could be possible to get any other program that supports whole disk OS's to boot from a hard drive with a pre-installed OS.

Hey! I use VMWare Workstation 6.x and really like it! You do have the option to 'use a physical disk', for advanced users. When you pick that option, you have the choice of using the entire disk or just a partition of that disk. Hope that helps ya out! :)

I run VMWare Fusion sometimes on my Mac, lets me use some Windows programs that i would otherwise not have access to.

Back
Top Bottom