Vista and XP question

Spec

Fully Optimized
Hey guys, im running a Dell Inspiron 1720 laptop w/ windows vista, i was wondering if i could possibly uninstall windows vista and install Windows XP 64 bit version. Possible or not? pros and cons? thanks guys

The specs of the laptop are
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0ghz
2gb ram
nVidia 8400GT
Yeah..pretty much all u need to know

Hey guys, im running a Dell Inspiron 1720 laptop w/ windows vista, i was wondering if i could possibly uninstall windows vista and install Windows XP 64 bit version. Possible or not? pros and cons? thanks guys

yeah it can be done
pros - it will run much faster

Celegorm, it should run faster though because i had vista installed on my Desktop pc...and it washorribly slow compared to when i had xp...

Celegorm, it should run faster though because i had vista installed on my Desktop pc...and it washorribly slow compared to when i had xp...

Guess it all depends on the comptuer, because I've noticed no difference.

depends what you want to do on the pc. if your a gamer id say xp. if not id say stick on vista. i mean you'll have to upgrade eventually.
if you did want xp the best way would be to format the partition using the xp disc then installing it fresh

any reason y 64 bit xp ?

anyway yes it is possible but you may want to check the drivers are available for windows xp as some companies now are making laptop purely for vista with no xp drivers.

I would personally not bother, 64-bit Windows has often crippling hardware issues. Only use it if you are not bothered either way or if you desperately need it.

DO NOT GET A 64 BIT OS!!!!
Stick with 32 bit. Your drivers won't work, you'll have compatibiliy issues, and it's just not worth the hassle. I'm speaking from experience here.

Back
Top Bottom