Vista -> XP downgrade... BSOD error?

MaltiK

Solid State Member
My Dell XPS 720 came with Vista Home 32bit pre installed, and I am fed up with vista-crap, so I have decided to downgrade. I obtained a legit, legal copy of XP professional, and started the computer up with it in the cd drive. Everything wen swell until it got to "starting windows..." (or something like that) and then i got the BSOD.

Is it a hardrive issue?
What am I to do to remedy this?

I didnt realize i posted in the gallery section... sorry

Odds are you need a RAID driver or to change the Sata mode to IDE/Native mode instead of ACHI or RAID. That is the cause about 5 times out of ten when down-grading from vista to xp.

Odds are you need a RAID driver or to change the Sata mode to IDE/Native mode instead of ACHI or RAID. That is the cause about 5 times out of ten when down-grading from vista to xp.

Yeap someone mentioned that. However, my BIOS is odd, where there are only three options for the drivers, if I recall it is usb, on and off.

It is defaulted with XPS 720
where do I find this RAID driver? and how do I change to SATA etc...?

my drive is ST332062 0AS SCSI Disk Device

BSOD Error:
Stop: 0x0000007B (0xF78DA63C, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

none of those even address my problem...

Actually it does, is there in one of the menu's about the sata drives, a pulldown menu that would say enhanced and compatible mode? You want it in compatible mode until you install the correct drivers under XP.

Actually it does, is there in one of the menu's about the sata drives, a pulldown menu that would say enhanced and compatible mode? You want it in compatible mode until you install the correct drivers under XP.

They do not apply to vista... all the cmds are for xp, i tried them, and read thru everything... no luck, did not solve the problem

Back
Top Bottom