Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-23-2007, 04:19 PM   #41
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm
Default Re: Vista Or Xp ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_Fenner View Post
Yea, Vista has been out for what, 2 months & XP for 5+ years............

........and you get almost a 50/50 poll............Vista has a pretty good showing for just 2 months wouldn't you say?
Vista will prove itself in time just like XP did. Drivers are the issue and you can't blame Vista for that.
Good point, didn't notice it. But you are right, microsoft can't be blamed for drivers, that is the manufacterer's job.

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:34 PM   #42
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

Vista. At least once the bugs and driver problems are ironed out.

alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 03:03 AM   #43
In Runtime

Send a message via MSN to Comp_Pro

dont purchase windows vista, a waste of money because it isnt as good as XP and i personnaly think it is bad because programs such as Nero Burning room is not compatible with windows vista and many other programs are not. so you might aswell save your money because anti-virus doesnt work on it, it has its own "Windows Firewall" and "Windows Defender" which i think is not that good.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:10 AM   #44
Golden Master

Actually, they are compatible now. Nero 7 Enhanced was designed for Vista as well as Roxio 9. As for security, Norton 360 (includes AV and Firewall), and Norton Internet Security 2007 new edition has complete Vista support as of this moment. When Vista first came out, it was a dud because of limited support. Now, it's full blown and there are a lot more support for the new OS which is good news for consumers. Plus, SP1 is coming out later this year. I'm running Vista now and there are no incompatiblity issues. Even my Epson scanner just got support now for Vista!!! They finally released a driver that I need for the new Windows. Now, it runs great but doesn't use the Epson software anymore. It works through Windows software ok, but it still scans and does the job.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:11 AM   #45
In Runtime

Send a message via MSN to Comp_Pro

i still reccomend XP
Old 04-24-2007, 05:25 AM   #46
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comp_Pro View Post
dont purchase windows vista, a waste of money because it isnt as good as XP and i personnaly think it is bad because programs such as Nero Burning room is not compatible with windows vista and many other programs are not. so you might aswell save your money because anti-virus doesnt work on it, it has its own "Windows Firewall" and "Windows Defender" which i think is not that good.
Hmmmm, have you even used vista? Im running vista with nero 7, and im running antivirus with no problems either.
Raffaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:30 AM   #47
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to Steff

I thought vistas own firewall and av was meant to be quite good? Thats one of the good things I've heard about vista.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:45 AM   #48
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steff View Post
I thought vistas own firewall and av was meant to be quite good? Thats one of the good things I've heard about vista.
AFAIK vista doesnt come with AV, it only comes with a firewall and windows defender. You can get an extra package called windows live onecare there are mixed reviews about it.
Raffaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:54 AM   #49
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to Steff

Sweet, it seems about the only thing about Vista I like atm
Old 04-24-2007, 07:32 AM   #50
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm

Yes, Raffaz is right, it doesn't come with its own AV, but loads are avalible. Windows defender is actually quite good along with the firewall that is in vista.

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote