Vista Or Xp ?

eh, vista is alright. I had it dual boot for a while but wasn't that amazed by it so i got rid of it to make space. But I will probaly go back to dual boot later when better nvidia drivers come out and what not.

That's the way I roll also with the two Os's, Xp for gaming and Music editing and Recording and for work related projects I'll go with Vista, but not til they get the bugs worked out.

id just dual boot the two of the OS's, vista is a RIP-OFF GIMICK!
Microsoft just do not want to spend some money finishing off the whole OS, so they just made a few graphical updates to windows XP, and then managed to spoil the WIN32 original concepts!

And then they have the cheek to sell it for such an huge amount of money!

If u just want a sexy OS id dual boot XP (XP becoz it can run every app in the world, and is a lot better than linux in my opinion) and a linux distro like openSUSE or Ubuntu 7.04.(linux coz it can run beryl and is very easily themeable)

by the way windows is only insecure and unstable sometimes because of the amount of people who use windows, not because it is rubbish!!

The more people using something, the more problems you have got to expect!

linux is actually quite insecure if you are not an advanced user!
linux is actually slower than windows because if you take all of the rubbish out of windows, so that it is as bloated as linux you wil notice windows is faster!

i am guessing this thread is done now as no1 posted in a while so happy to report xp wins woo hoo

but i bet in a years time wen decent hardware is alot cheaper vista will dominate the vote but only time will tell i will re do a similar thread in a year or so c wot happens

LONG LIVE WINDOES XP

I just upgraded to vista and it's better than I thought. No issues with drivers, software or anything. I can surprisingly run AERO and my system is actually more stable than it was with XP. I haven't had any hiccups so far, it does use more RAM but it seems to use it wisely and seems to be able to multitask better. I don't think I'd ever go back to XP. The only downside is that some of my games won't work but they're also really old and I was expecting that, surprisingly sim city classic still works! been using it since I had windows 95 back in the day.

how do you people who dont have xp know that there are still driver bugs?
ill let you in on a little secret, there are very close to none! vista is amazing, and it beats out xp by a long shot.

There are still a lot of driver issues. I have noticed particulalry that Nvidia has been struggling with producing some good drivers.

i am guessing this thread is done now as no1 posted in a while so happy to report xp wins woo hoo

but i bet in a years time wen decent hardware is alot cheaper vista will dominate the vote but only time will tell i will re do a similar thread in a year or so c wot happens

LONG LIVE WINDOES XP

Yea, Vista has been out for what, 2 months & XP for 5+ years............

........and you get almost a 50/50 poll............Vista has a pretty good showing for just 2 months wouldn't you say?
Vista will prove itself in time just like XP did. Drivers are the issue and you can't blame Vista for that.

Back
Top Bottom