Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-03-2006, 03:30 PM   #11
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to Illmatic
Default Re: Vista or XP?

I don't see why people vote Vista because of the looks. You can just download WindowsBlinds and get the Vista skin.

Old 12-03-2006, 03:57 PM   #12
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm

i like vista, i've been using it. but untill i find all the drivers i need, i won't be switching.

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 04:12 PM   #13
In Runtime

if u ask me vista is just a more graphical version of XP with little new features
browserjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 06:35 PM   #14
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanarias
Sorry if i missed an older post about this...but what will you go with? If you could afford it, would you get it or not?
Here's the scoop on VIsta. Current antivirus software isn't supported under Vista so you're in a pickle there. Norton is scrambling to get one out just for Vista and should be out very soon. It does have inbound and outbound firewall protection which is very nice. The user account pop up can get annoying because it comes up ever so much more everytime you alter something within Windows. But Microsoft does this for security purposes so malware doesn't accidently get loaded in. The Aero interface is just so pretty.

Here's what I say to the Vista vs XP deal. If you're already running XP on your current system and not planning on upgrading anytime soon, keep XP and don't upgrade to Vista just yet. If you're into a new build and desparately need an OS, yeah, go ahead and get Vista. Hopefully by the time Vista is released to the public, Norton and other antivirus software vendors will have it's support. I'm sure they will. Plus, there are still some minor bugs with some hardware compatibility. Make sure your hardware supports VIsta by going to their websites.
Old 12-03-2006, 06:36 PM   #15
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanarias
Sorry if i missed an older post about this...but what will you go with? If you could afford it, would you get it or not?
Here's the scoop on VIsta. Current antivirus software isn't supported under Vista so you're in a pickle there. Norton is scrambling to get one out just for Vista and should be out very soon. It does have inbound and outbound firewall protection which is very nice. The user account pop up can get annoying because it comes up ever so much more everytime you alter something within Windows. But Microsoft does this for security purposes so malware doesn't accidently get loaded in. The Aero interface is just so pretty.

Here's what I say to the Vista vs XP deal. If you're already running XP on your current system and not planning on upgrading anytime soon, keep XP and don't upgrade to Vista just yet. If you're into a new build and desparately need an OS, yeah, go ahead and get Vista. Hopefully by the time Vista is released to the public, Norton and other antivirus software vendors will have it's support. I'm sure they will. Plus, there are still some minor bugs with some hardware compatibility. Make sure your hardware supports VIsta by going to their websites. (ha, CF timed out on me yet again)

Damn, look at my double post people. This is the result of CF being too slow or database fatal error again.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:02 AM   #16
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to MikeReiner Send a message via MSN to MikeReiner Send a message via Yahoo to MikeReiner

almost everytime I attempt to make a new thread, I always get timeouts... thats why I rarely make any.. it hardly ever works :\
MikeReiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 12:09 AM   #17
Golden Master

You're not the only one. I'm getting that too everytime I make a new thread. I hate it and bugs the crap out of me. I end up double posting sometime and have to change the subject line because apparently, there is a "duplicate" thread . Yeah right. If there was a thread already made, then why am I getting the stupid fatal maximum error whatever thingamajig? So I put a stupid number at the end of the subject line.

*holy crap, see? I just got timed out again with the error message. Stupid servers.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:33 AM   #18
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

Yeah, I get that too.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:56 PM   #19
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to kjman87

Yay Xp...
ive been getting timed out alot recently too..though I guess anytime I get timed out has to be fairly recently due to the fact that i have only been on here for like a month or sooo...

anyway time to go home and GET MY NEW CAR!!!!

-KJ
Car~07 Mazda 3s 5spd 2.3L: Simota CAI, Borla Cat-Back, Cat Delete, Lower Engine Mount, 1.5" Drop...and more...haha
kjman87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 05:12 PM   #20
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz

Il stick with XP, at least till SP1 comes out

Raffaz is offline   Reply With Quote