Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-01-2006, 11:33 PM   #1
Solid State Member

Default Vista or XP?

Sorry if i missed an older post about this...but what will you go with? If you could afford it, would you get it or not?

Zanarias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 11:42 PM   #2
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to MikeReiner Send a message via MSN to MikeReiner Send a message via Yahoo to MikeReiner
Default Re: Vista or XP?

Vista wont be worth having for a good while.. very slow and buggy for about half a year... gotta wait for MS to iron out the bugs.

MikeReiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 01:10 AM   #3
BSOD

Send a message via MSN to Rudster816

i agree with mike xp was really iniffuicent at first so y wouldnt vista
Rudster816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 01:16 AM   #4
In Runtime

ive tried vista final for a while, cause i have about 10 hardrives and i was bored one night, its ok, cool features, but i really enjoy the simple and easy-quick browsing of xp, vista is also unesarilly "flashy" sure a cool skin would be nice but idk about the one they have, but it is pretty cool. It is a little harder to get used to and definately slower browsing because of its more "userfriendly" interface, which is basically for most people who dont know what there doing, but it makes everything annoying as hell.
mtotho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 01:49 AM   #5
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

I voted Vista because the Aero Glass looks awesome and it has tons of potential. I'll be using XP for another year or two though. Gotta wait for all the problems that Vista will have to be stamped out.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 01:54 AM   #6
In Runtime

i like skins but they get old quick, most of the people i know who use xp use classic view, and im sure there will be alot of ppl using it in vista too, and also the system requirement is too high for most computer, not mine of course, it gave me a 5.9 perfmormance rating.
but in 2 years times they will be popping out what will seem like good computer now for cheap price.
mtotho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 02:50 PM   #7
Fully Optimized

i'm fine with XP. works great and does what I need it to do!
Old 12-03-2006, 03:04 PM   #8
Golden Master

Xp
LA061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 03:04 PM   #9
Fully Optimized

i voted vista.. mainly because i've been waiting for this os forever, and i really like the new look. i built my computer a year ago making sure that i could handle vista too . it might not be very attractive to many people due to it's hefty price tag, but i think once all the bugs with drivers and dx10 are worked out, it'll far surpass xp in everything... excluding affordability of course.
| AMD 3800+ X2 Dual Core Processor | ASUS A8N-e nF4 Ultra | Hitachi Deskstar 250gb 3.0 gb/s | 1gb Corsair Value RAM 2x512 | eVGA geforce 6800GS | sound blaster live! 24-bit | NZXT Trinity Classic chassis | OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI PSU |
I was there. In the networking forum for the first time, and it was because.. of 341
kchi55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 03:13 PM   #10
Daemon Poster

If Vista's BETA is anything to go buy i will be sticking with XP for quite a while, i mean the Aero looks great, but i think....XP has just the stuff you need and want, with a bit more, Vista has the stuff you want and need, as well as all this other crap that is just not needed, thats why software downloads are out there for people, if i want a, for example, music editing program, ill go buy one, not pay a fortune to have my OS as well as all this other crap....just my 2 cents

Matt

Mattyl110792 is offline   Reply With Quote