Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-23-2007, 01:03 PM   #21
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz
Default Re: vista...WTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimher3 View Post
yeah i do have sata harddrives...

i will try doing a low level formatt but its all over the net vista doesnt want u downgrading to XP in my case i would be up grading...fuck vista it still needs to mature more before i even fuck with it...it doesnt have half of the drivers i need i will try tho...thanks guys
Let us know how it goes.

Raffaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:09 PM   #22
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to blackjack

The first rule of thumb before daring to try something new is to back up you hdd, Ive been where you are right now and its not nice, i read about the problems of downgrading from vista to xp before I upgraded so took the necessary precautions, partitioned my hdd and stored a ghost image of xp on that. so when like you, I had problems mainly with software I just restored my xp back from my xp image on the partition. in less than 10 Min's.
Since then i have set this up on friends computers as they where so impressed by its efficiency

blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:37 PM   #23
Golden Master

Angry Re: vista...WTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimher3 View Post
yeah i do have sata harddrives...

i will try doing a low level formatt but its all over the net vista doesnt want u downgrading to XP in my case i would be up grading...f**k vista it still needs to mature more before i even f**k with it...it doesnt have half of the drivers i need i will try tho...thanks guys
You have been reported by members who say that you are vulgar, childish, & now I see you've used the "F" word [now amended by me] twice in this post, I've looked through all your posts in this forum, & you appear to lose patience with those who are trying their best to help, change your attitude, or you could face a ban, respond to this post soon or I will take action.
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 02:51 PM   #24
BSOD

Yep, there is no roll back option. Format and re-install is the way to go
Furby123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 06:19 PM   #25
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to Aimher3

this brookfeild guy serious? lolol

i dont lose patience i take all the info i get and im happy...lolol

i tried re-installing vista twice today...nothing
tried to low format my harddrive and reinstall xp...nothing
and i cant reformat it wont let me into the option once i boot from cd..lol it says hardware configuration...does all its BS and than it says starting windows..then i get this screen that says its encounterd a problem with my hdd and tells me to restart my computer...

so thanks to everyone who tried to help me but nothing is working..

and i tried installing mepsi? idks ome linux cd i had and it just boot me in the grub boot couldnt even get a splash screen

Add Rep Im Cool :D
Aimher3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 06:20 PM   #26
In Runtime

oh and when i did format vista i only gave it a 20GB partition and so i have 160GB left unpartioned im gonna try to install XP on that? anyone got any suggestions?

Old 04-23-2007, 06:34 PM   #27
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz

What program did you use for the low level format? Have you tried connecting the HDD to another pc as a slave and formatting the drive that way?
Raffaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 07:56 PM   #28
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to ߧ∩H♠H䎀

Put the XP CD in your drive. Restart upon boot hit f8 and select to boot from the cd/dvd drive xp is in. It will go black for a few seconds then it will say press any key to boot from cd. Press any key and the XP install process should begin. As Raffaz said if it isn't picking up your sata drivers and thats the problem when it asks you to install your sata drivers press F6 and load the drivers and continue with your install.
ߧ∩H♠H䎀 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:26 PM   #29
In Runtime

i hit f6 and all it says is cannot be found to continue press enter and when i press enter the hardware configuration keeps on going till it says windows is starting then comes that screen again...lol

Old 04-23-2007, 10:04 PM   #30
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm

for normal sata windows dones't need special drivers, unless things are being set up as a RAID. are you still trying to use those gateway CDs? if so i think that could be problem #1

Oh, and yes, Brookfield is serious. He doesn't kid around about stuff like that.

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote