Is Vista worth getting?

abowlofrice

Daemon Poster
I'm thinking about upgrading to Vista (Home Ed probably), and I heard there are many flaws with the currently released Vista. I also play world of warcraft and wonder if Vista will have problems with it.

It will probably run slow, because your computer isnt the fastest mate. You would probably need more RAM to get the best out of it, im not sure about your GPU so il let someone else answer that :)

If you see my specs in my sig, i have vista, and there are close to no flaws. World Of Warcraft runs great on my rig.

cool, I think I'm just going to build a new computer though, since mine is like 2-3 years old.. =(

well I'd say that Vista isn't worth the money. But there are different opinions about this, some people like Vista, some don't. The only way to know is to try it out.

if you have xp now then dont get it YET. but if your doing a new build and need to buy an OS than there is no sense in buying XP when your going to have to buy Vista eventually

If you see my specs in my sig, i have vista, and there are close to no flaws. World Of Warcraft runs great on my rig.

I absolutely HATE windows vista! i have a 256 mb graphics card core 2 duo
1 gig of ram and it freezes all the time it is compadible with hardly anything runs as slow as crap, like i don't know Y anyone would even bother with it. it is a pain in the ass! One of my mates has a 3 gig computer with a 256 graphics card and a core 2 duo and he has the same issue. it really is bad and it costs money. i got vista and changed back to XP because i was so annoyed at it. OMG i so hate it!

Vista Home Premium - 5 months on two systems with ZERO issues.............
One of my systems is just running a pentium dual D and it still works great.
Recommend 2GB RAM..........

Go for it you'll love it!

well I'd say that Vista isn't worth the money. But there are different opinions about this, some people like Vista, some don't. The only way to know is to try it out.

Personaly i dont like it cos 1 my comp aint powerfull enough for a proper version but when i ran the lite version it ran quite well locked up a few times and when i ran 2 or three tasks at once it crashed completely
both on that and my laptop
another thing i liked it at first but then the new shiny ui wore off after a few days and so it offered me nothing else that xp didnt have
. also the start menu was annoying and so it had to go

other then that there where no major issues with the os other than drives which aint microsofts fault so for that reasosn i am sticking with xp till i have to use vista . by which time i will have a better comp
Iwould say if you wanna try it on that machine get the lite version PM me for details (cos i think this is illegal)as it will run very smoothly on that machine
then if you like you can get a new machine and get vista as there is no point in getting a new machine just for vista then not liking it cos IMO its a personal preference as i know people who like the new UI and stuff but i can live without it for now

@rudster who said anything about legally acquiring it yall know the T word ;)

I had to upgrade my Ram sometime after getting it, but I really like it. I can play games fine, and some games require it! Halo 2, although not everyone wants that one, there will probably be more Vista Only games.

Back
Top Bottom