Vista vs. XP Prices

MSchmiess

Baseband Member
Why are XP and Vista almost the same price? Doesn't it seem that a new OS means the old OS drops in price? I see a lot of people saying wait to buy Vista, but for a new build that has neither Vista nor XP, wouldn't it be smarter to buy Vista now and save a few bucks instead of buying XP, then Vista in a few months?

I guess I'm just trying to say, I don't want to pay lots of money for an OS.

im guessing one reason xp has been the same price lately is because you get a free upgrade to vista. im not sure if thats still the case. i doubt it

somewhere i saw having a sale on vista was offering vista for exactly the same price as xp

i think after a while the price of xp will go down , then may get i mce

Probably because Vista still has lots of bugs and problems with third party drivers so people still need xp, the prices will prob go down for xp in 6 months or so.

MSchmiess said:
Why are XP and Vista almost the same price? Doesn't it seem that a new OS means the old OS drops in price? I see a lot of people saying wait to buy Vista, but for a new build that has neither Vista nor XP, wouldn't it be smarter to buy Vista now and save a few bucks instead of buying XP, then Vista in a few months?

I guess I'm just trying to say, I don't want to pay lots of money for an OS.

It's easy.

Microsoft.

That answers it.

AlexF1224 said:
I think they are keeping it high so more people go to Vista.

thats my best guess as well.

However, if your building a new system, you might as well do vista in my oppionion since you plan on getting it down the road any ways.

celegorm said:
thats my best guess as well.

However, if your building a new system, you might as well do vista in my oppionion since you plan on getting it down the road any ways.

Yeah, if you're going to go Vista down the road, buy it right now. No point in spending the same price on XP as you could for Vista.

Back
Top Bottom