Vista vs. iPod

I'm guessing that's going to delete the 15.11GB of music along with the program?

if he does that then he looses his iTunes library
so poof goes all of his music
thats not what i would have in mind

if you have another pc avaliable
then i would install iTunes on it
and format your iPod on that pc
then go back to your laptop with all of your songs
and see if it wont see the iPod and 'Update' it
or put all of your songs back on it
its worth a shot

damn man i dont get why this isnt workin for you. you tried all of your usb ports right? you could try holding the menu and center button at the same time until you see the apple logo on the screen (make sure your ipod is unplugged and on when you do this)

I'll give it a shot on the desktop. Thanks. My iTunes library is made up of all my CD's, so if i HAD to delete it, it would be more of a pain in the butt then a loss.

Just tried the menu/center button thing, and I just plugged it in and started iTunes again...we'll see in a minute what happens.

if you imported the music off the cd then its on file in the itunes program file somewhere. if you copy that somewhere and that would keep ur music along with other downloaded music. uninstalling itunes isnt gonna fix the problem anyways. take it to the apple store somewhere and they will fix it or tell you if its dead.

I bought the iPod used, it's worked fine for the time I had it. I recently had a trojan virus in my laptop that the fine folks on the forum here helped me get rid of. Is there some connection between my laptop having a virus and my iPod not being recognized?

UPDATE: I plugged the iPod into my desktop and opened iTunes and an "update download" made my iPod visible. Back downstairs to the laptop to try it out there.

It's fixed! (KNOCK ON WOOD!!) I went to the iPod help page and it suggested I:
1. Right click on "My Computer/Computer"
2. Click "Manage"
3. Double click "Services and Applications"
4. Click "Services"
5. Click on "iPod Service" STOP
6. Plug in iPod and when it shows up in "My Computer/Computer", go back to "iPod service" window and click START.

Whatever it is that doing this does (that's a tongue full)...IT WORKED!!

Thanks to all who responded to my post, especially the person who said NOT to delete iTunes...I would have had a LOT of work to do otherwise.

i feel your pain brother
it happend to me and i have the same iPod
i had 8 gigs of music that i lost
and not all of it was on CDs either :(
so i still dont have all of the music that my iPod had before i caught a virus last year
if there is a will there is a way

Sorry to here of your loss of music Hedoe... took awhile but I got all my tunes back in my iPod plus I added more bringing me to 13.59GB....let's HOPE I don't ever have to do this again!!

Back
Top Bottom