Vista Update Problems...Corrupt O/S?

I was really hoping this would work but when I booted to it it errored and said that the CPU didn't support 64bit windows yada yada!
The CPU doesn't support 64-bit Vista? What kind of crap is that? I thought all newer CPUs support 64-bit operations.

I could've sworn my disc had all versions on it...hmm.
Vista Ultimate doesn't include "all versions of Vista". It contains only the features and options of all the versions in one package.

Would Pirate Bay have an OEM version of Vista that I could use possibly?
I couldn't tell ya. ;)

The CPU doesn't support 64-bit Vista? What kind of crap is that? I thought all newer CPUs support 64-bit operations.
I have no clue...and it's a newer lappy. It's a POS Acer, but it's newer...

Vista Ultimate doesn't include "all versions of Vista". It contains only the features and options of all the versions in one package.

There's a difference?...care to elaborate?

I'm confused on that.

I couldn't tell ya. ;)

I meant to use legally of course. I'll have to check and see...I wouldn't NEED a frickin disc in the first place if my friend hadn't lost his damn recovery CD...honestly...how do you lose that?...I just want to smack him.

EDIT: I found this on TPB. It's got NO crack with it (like I said, I only want to use it legally)...just the plain old OEM disc...just what I'm looking for and it's the x86 version. So we'll try this....probably going to take a few days to download...but what can you do. I don't have any friends that have Vista that have a recov. disc :(

Well....I missed something in the boot menu the first time around, and I selected Repair Windows (or something like that)...So it loaded into a screen with a bluish-vista-y background and it wants me to select from: Admin, Guest, or "my friend's name". THERE IS NO PASSWORD REQUIRED to log on normally, yet it's asking for a password for each of the three choices. Any ideas? Leaving it blank doesn't work either...

I'm getting really sick of this! Hopefully I'll just end up reinstalling...what a PITA.

BTW: I'm still baffled as to why booting in to safe mode still results in it trying to update....hmm.

so let me get this straight. A key for vista can be used for five times?

Well I got a hold of the oem disc. We'll give recovery a shot on that before a reinstall. I'll keep you updated throughout if I can.

Thanks to everyone who contributed helpfully; pos. rep for all of you when I get done!

EDIT/SOLVED: Alright. Got a hold of the OEM CD and everything went A.O.K. The key on the lappy worked just fine! Thanks for all of the help, everyone. Hopefully this thread will answer questions for anyone else who needs help!

Back
Top Bottom