Vista! understanding..

Zapdos

In Runtime
HEy,
People have been talking about the upcomming "vista" and i have read stuff about it but i dont really understand. So it requires a GPU but how would vista make gaming a everything better, could someone help me with my understanding of vista, thanks! :)

Aright its all like this..

Vista will require two things. 512mb ram. DX 10 compatable video card.

There are going to be like 4 or so versions of this. Each one uniquly different as I have heard. But aside from all that, the video card thing is simple. You will be MADE to buy a new video card for Vista. Because no current video cards are compatable with Vista. So if you drop 600 on CF'd Ati X1900XTX's your SOL. Because they just wont support DX 10. Gay... :mad:

I haven't seen anything about no video cards working with Vista. How could they be beta testing if that was so? Windows always has to hold back because of its famous backwards compatibility approach to innovation. The insane hardware requirements stem from the "Avalon" GUI its trying to hype. More than likely most people have near the memory requirements for that... Most people do however have only on-board video (myself included). That may be a problem. Perhaps that is what you were talking about ArrizX?

Well, as for onboard video, I dont know. But, Vista is going to be a demanding OS. Anyways, you know Direct X. Its windows program that makes games run. Currently its Direct X (DX) 9.0c. And when Vista comes out, it will be requiring DX 10. Which is currently too advanced for any GPU todate. At least for public use.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=25902

Well I've heard that Vista will still run with DirectX 9.0 cards, but it just won't be optimized for DirectX 9.0, since Vista is all about DirectX 10 and next-gen gaming.

ArrizX said:

There are going to be like 4 or so versions of this. Each one uniquly different as I have heard. But aside from all that, the video card thing is simple. You will be MADE to buy a new video card for Vista. Because no current video cards are compatable with Vista. So if you drop 600 on CF'd Ati X1900XTX's your SOL. Because they just wont support DX 10. Gay... :mad:

In order to get all the eye candy in vista, you need a DX9.0 compatable graphics card. But this is just the OS, DX10 is going to be related to games.

Also, if you do not have a dx9 compatable graphics card, it falls back into classic style (aka windows 2000 look/xp classic).

Where is my information for this? i'm too lazy to look it up again. I read about it a while ago.

On a completely unrelated note, i'm screwing around with Ubuntu LIVE right now... on my old 300mhz... kinda sleek :p

yeah, it will be backwards compatible. for instance. you can still play call of duty on DX7 believe it or not. you cans till play games on vista, just not maybe lets say...Halo 2, because it absolutely requires dx10, therefore you'll need a new card. vista itself will surely run on a current GPU, it just needs 256mb of gddr

ArrizX said:

thats so stupid **Kicks Microsoft**

Back
Top Bottom