Vista Stop Responding

ssc456

Fully Optimized
hi,

had vista for a while now and quiet frankly its gettin on my T*TS lol

the main thing i hate is if a program takes slightly longer that it should to load then it stops responding now in xp it would just wait and start responding again but vista has this annoying thing that it just wants to auto close every program that stops responding.

because its on my laptop and its not that great a laptop it happens quiet alot and it is really really annoying

this is only 1 of many problems i have with vista and if i cant sort this 1 out im reformatting and putting xp on it

if i can sort this out i can live with the rest of the problems

its just when im playing a game like most often Formular 1 2006 and in the middle of a championship race and it stops responding for a second it really does my head in when vista thinks its a good idea to try searching for a solution for the problem and then decides the only solution is to close the program

It isn't supposed to do that.

I know exactly what you are talking about. The unresponding program's screen turns white, and then the bar appears. For me, it gives me a choice, whether to turn it off or to keep it on and wait for it to respond.

It isn't supposed to do that.

I know exactly what you are talking about. The unresponding program's screen turns white, and then the bar appears. For me, it gives me a choice, whether to turn it off or to keep it on and wait for it to respond.

yeah on some programs it gives me that option but on most it doesnt just says close program

It should always give you a choice! I have a laptop it has 1 gig of ram. It happens when i run IE and flash saver. I gives me a choice to wait till the program responds or to close it. I dont wait 4 it to respond. If you have aero graphic on, that slows your computer down, and even more when u have a older one with not much ram. turn aero off and your computer will run alot better. also when a program stops responding hit ctrl+alt+delete and get into task manager and end its process!

1GB RAM
Celeron M 1.73Ghz Processor
Some intel chipset

and thats bout it on a few programs it gives me the option to wait for it to respond but it just doesnt on most of themit just says program has stopped responding checking for solution then it flicks to a box that says close program

Oh man, you have to be able to fix that somehow. I mean, it definitely cannot close stuff for you automatically.

When it is searching for a solution, have you tried pressing cancel?

Im not on my vista setup at the moment, but im guessing its gonna be similar to XP, so you will probably find the settings to control this in startup and recovery.

Oh man, you have to be able to fix that somehow. I mean, it definitely cannot close stuff for you automatically.

When it is searching for a solution, have you tried pressing cancel?

yeah when i press cancel it closes my program n e way soo... looks like theres no winning

and raffaz i will have a look

Back
Top Bottom