Vista Service Pack 1 update

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
They are now beta testing SP1 for Vista, but undergoing privately. I'm just going to post all there is to SP1:

Public beta
Late 2007

Final release

Microsoft has engineered a new update deployment technology that allows administrators and power users to "slipstream" service packs and other fixes into new Vista installations in a manner that is much simpler than with previous Windows versions.

1. A collection of previously-released and new security fixes, bug fixes, and other updates.

2. A major update to the Windows kernel to bring the Vista kernel (version 6.0) up to date with the version in Windows Server 2008 (version 6.1).

3. A change to the Kernel Patch Protection ("PatchGuard") feature in the Vista kernel that prevents security companies like McAfee and Symantec from integrating as tightly with the OS as they could in previous Windows versions. This will include a set of APIs aimed at helping developers write code that interacts with this security feature.

4. A change to Vista's Instant Search feature that will allow third party desktop search product makers to more closely integrate their products with Windows Vista. In the initial shipping version of Vista, the Instant Search indexer still runs at full speed even if a third party product is installed, reducing overall system performance.

News current as of July 2007.

I was hoping they'd fix UAC so it doesn't bug all the time. Possibly have it use definitions kinda like a security program and not prompt action for things it knows are good. Or to let users choose things that are good so it doesn't nag them, like when a user wants to move files or something.

You can disable UAC from the User Account applet in the Control Panel. I disabled mine and it never pops up ever again.

Yeah but it still warns you in the bottom right hand corner all the time when its disabled.

I hate it when it does that.

Oh that part still happens. I need to update Avast because it's also bugging the crap out of me too. The red warning popup keeps reminding me to update my registration because it's expiring soon. It's free but my Internet is slower than crap now because someone on this block is downloading like a mother.

Oh that part still happens. I need to update Avast because it's also bugging the crap out of me too. The red warning popup keeps reminding me to update my registration because it's expiring soon. It's free but my Internet is slower than crap now because someone on this block is downloading like a mother.

sniff them out. call the cops on them only if u meant that they were stealing ur bandwidth. or do u mean ur using cable and a lot of ppl are using same isp and the speed is snailing?

Yeah but it still warns you in the bottom right hand corner all the time when its disabled.

I hate it when it does that.

You guys do realize you can stop windows from doing that right? Go to control panel>Check this computers security status>Then click change the way Security center alerts me> then choose the option not to be notified and don't display the icon.

Also that service pack is supposed to have the 10.1 demo in it as well. Not sure why since nobody can really demo it.

Lol, I never noticed that before. The print is so small. I'll bet there's more to Vista than I know.

I'm on cable internet so it gets slow every now and then. Since it's Saturday, everyone's using the Internet. It's picking up speed now. That's the only thing I hate about cable internet--shared bandwidth. I need FIOS badly.

Back
Top Bottom