Vista Service Pack 1

jonreeves2000

Baseband Member
I use an Acer laptop with Vista and SP1 was downloaded. However, all my desktop icons were skewed and I even lost many. The big issue was my Windows Calendar which was totally blank. I did not check what other problems had arose because I was furious and did not want to lose my calendar. So, I restored immediately.

My laptop still wants to install SP1, but I am afraid to do that as it will no doubt do the same thing again.

Please help how I can safely upgrade to SP1 with everything intact.

Thanks.

Weird, I installed sp1 myself just recently. All I can think of is that when installing it said that it might restart a "couple" of times. I just installed it when I went to sleep, and my desk is right in my room so I had the convenience of watching it shut down and start up a couple of times. There was one time when I thought it was done, and the system shut off for like literally 10 mins, and then one more time it booted up and shut down. If you were waiting for it to finish installing you perhaps could have rebooted it when it wasn't done doing it's Windows thing...

Back
Top Bottom